Viaggi nello spazio e nel tempo 
Time & Space Travels
Kaysersberg

The year was 1227 when the native of Jesi, son of Costanza D'Altavilla and Henry VI of Swabia, Emperor Frederick II bought a castle for the control of the Weiss valley.

The village is adequately fortified to defend itself against the dukes of Lorraine.
The building of the church dedicated to the Holy Cross began around 1230.
The remains of the imperial castle watch from the top of the hill on the walled village and the splendid portal decorated with Romanesque capitals (one with two-tailed sirens) tell stories of past splendor.